Latest Obsession

Go down

Latest Obsession

Post by BigHorn WBY on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Through some prodding and arm twisting I have jumped in to the traditinal archery arena. It has always been there as I enjoy those wonderful hand built custom long bows and recurves. Just wonderful. Having a friend who is a fanatic doesn't help any. The final straw was a few weeks back when Pat and I where pursuing turkeys and while I of course was encoumbered with a very fine Beretta Mdl. 410E 12 ga double, Pat carried a favored Long bow. One area we hunted was archery only so when reading for the field I exchanged said Beretta for a equally fine and nearly as old XI compound. By the end of our glorious but fruitless hike I was dragging. A few miles carring a bow that weighs more than the .300wby I normally hunt with is a no good. One snide comment led to another and Pat mentions that he knows of a nice long bow for sale. In my weakened mental state I take the bait. Fast forward to present day and I find myself emersed in the realm of trad. archery. I now have 2 long bows a TD and a one piece. Thru the wonders of the internet I have located and purchased 2 used but as new bows for less than the bowyer produces 1 for. They are both Pronghorns built here in my fine home state of Wyoming by Herb Meland. Just glorious.

http://pronghornbows.com/

F.E, Thomas 4wt
Kimber Caprivi
A303....Isabella
............and these three above all others shall accompany near and far.....................
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down